The Augumentary, version 0.1

We are really stoked to show you our first rough demo of TPB AFK: The Augumentary (using html5 and popcornjs). By embedding links into the documentary the audience can check facts for themselves, connect with people in the film and become part of the documentary themselves.

Press the image below and try out the demo yourself.

- Set your browser to fullscreen (e.g. in Firefox & Chrome Command Shift F)
- Mouse over the links and the video pauses.
- Press a white title to jump to that frame in the clip.
- Press a green URL to take you to the web page in a new tab (the video pauses).
- Switch the Augumentary layer on/off with the +/- in top right corner.

(press image to try the demo!)

Thanks Henrik, Greg, Nick and the entire Mozilla team for making this work!

Some design and bugs to fix, but after two days of coding and brainstorming at Mozillas Media Freedom and the Web-festival, this is as far as we got.

This has crazy potential. Please feedback!

/Simon

This entry was posted in TPB AFK. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to The Augumentary, version 0.1

1. Ben says:

Is the player stuttering very badly for anyone else? Might be my connection.

• fabio says:

It is a funny player, it stops playing when you move the mouse to the menu on the right side of the screen…i was surprised too!

2. Stefan says:

I thought you weren’t going to release the movie until the whole trial is done? But here you say 2012?

• simme says:

I talked to the Surpeme Court last week who said that they would decide whether to try the case or not by the end of the year. If they do try the case it’s going to be another year. Which means that we can release the film late 2012 / early 2013.
      / Simon

3. Michael says:

In addition to working out some technical kinks, I would also suggest the ability to pause-by-clicking, instead of having to click the play/pause button in the left-hand corner. It makes it easier to check the facts in the sidebar.

• simme says:

Mouse over the links to pause the video. Added a few notes on funcionality above.
      /Simon

4. Ross says:

I cant get the video to work. I’m using Google chrome and when I click on the link I just get a black screen.